This calculator is intended to be used only for the purpose of assessing and demonstrating potential cost savings ranges under normalized hospital cost conditions. The results and outcomes are estimations only and should not be interpreted as a guarantee or warranty of similar results. It does not suggest a definitive review of actual costs and savings incurred in a hospital. Savings are estimates only and specific to the individual case. Savings may not be typical and may vary.
(1) Rhee C, et al. Incidence and Trends of Sepsis in US Hospitals Using Clinical vs Claims Data, 2009-2014. JAMA . 2017 Oct 3;318(13):1241-1249. doi: 10.1001/jama.2017.13836.
(2) Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), National (Nationwide) Inpatient Sample (NIS) 2009-2018 (all available data as of 01/27/21). 2018 U.S. Hospital Average Length of Stay = 4.7 days.
(3) Slight, S. P.,et al., (2014). Return on Investment of Implementing a Continuous Monitoring System in General Medical-Surgical Units. Society Critical Care Medicine. ($920 direct variable cost per day updated to 2020)
(4) Paoli CJ, et al. Epidemiology and Costs of Sepsis in the United States—An Analysis Based on Timing of Diagnosis and Severity Level. Critical Care Medicine Journal December 2018, Volume 46, Number 12. The weighted average increased LOS for all sepsis patients was 4.5 days.
(5) Definitive Healthcare. National Benchmark Utilization Rate (Occupancy Rate) is 61%. 2021.